It’s been a busy summer here at Raleigh-Durham’s one and only aerial adventure park, so we haven’t gotten very much time to write our usual monthly blog or two. That said, we’ve been able to find a few spare moments to highlight what you should know about zip-lining, the mental health benefits of physical activity and exercise, without forgetting about our blog dedicated to employers looking to show their staff they care via a corporate outing.
Check out whichever of those blogs interests you the most when you find the time. For that matter, go ahead and read all three! For the purposes of today’s blog, however, we’ll be discussing something closely related to corporate outings and ways to show your employees you care about their well-being. As the title of today’s blog already revealed, we will be highlighting a few of the many benefits team-building activities have to offer in a general sense, after which we’ll discuss some of the unique elements TreeRunner Raleigh Adventure Park and our team-building activities showcase.
But before we dive into the meat and potatoes, allow us to remind you about what TreeRunner Raleigh Adventure Park is all about!
All About Our Raleigh Aerial Adventure Park
Located on the David R. Kahn Jewish Community Campus in North Raleigh, TreeRunner Raleigh Adventure Park has 70 different obstacles and zip lines with three difficulty levels and seven different courses! A new and unique brand of eco-friendly outdoor recreation which originated in Europe, aerial adventure courses are quickly rising in popularity throughout North America.
With a wide variety of obstacles (barrels, cargo nets, bridges, and zip-lines), you can safely soar high in the trees, regardless of your age, experience level, or physical condition in most all cases. All TreeRunner parks hold to the appropriately strict standards put in place by the Association for Challenge Course Technology and the American Standard for Testing and Materials. All that to say, safety is our first priority, while making sure our park guests have a great time is a close second!
Whether you are looking for family fun in Raleigh-Durham, you’d like a great workout among the treetops, or you are attempting to find the best team-building venue in the state, TreeRunner is worth your consideration. Now, to the latter point, let’s talk about team building in more detail!
A Few Team-Building Benefits
Some might think of team-building activities as trite. We are here to tell you we witness the benefits of such events first-hand on a regular basis.
- Team Building – The only way you are going to build a team is to first convince your staff that they need each other in order to be successful.
- Communication Improvement – Communication is crucial for the success of any team. It’s how valuable information gets shared, it’s how employees know where they stand with each other, and it’s simply a fundamental aspect of working in a group setting.
- Leadership Development – Team-building activities provide your staff with the chance to get outside their comfort zones. As an employer, you’ll want to keep an eye open for anyone demonstrating leadership qualities (it might not be who would expect!)
- Idea Creation and Innovation – Getting people out of their comfort zones usually goes hand in hand with people thinking outside the box. If you need more creativity in your organization, here’s a great way to freshen things up.
- Systematic Thinking and Creative Problem Solving – Team-building activities usually involve collective challenges of some sort. When your team solves the problem, it fills them with a sense of accomplishment, giving them the confidence that they are capable to tackle work-related tasks back at your place of work.
- Conflict Management – Sometimes you need a change of scenery to help your crew (and maybe yourself) get a fresh perspective on things.
- Stress Reduction – The 9-5 life can get old pretty quick, especially if you work in a high-stress environment. Giving your crew a break for the afternoon can help improve morale and, by extension, the productivity of your team.
Team Bonding & Team Development At TreeRunner
Now that we’ve discussed some of the general benefits team-building activities offer, we are excited to inform our prospective guests that we have two distinct team-building experiences on offer at TreeRunner: Team Bonding and Team Development.
- Team Bonding – A TreeRunner facilitator will conduct challenging ground initiatives to promote trust, communication, and problem-solving within the group. After a debriefing, your group will get harnessed and experience the park on their own.
- Team Development – A customized facilitator-led ground initiative will proceed a debriefing, after which your group will be up in the trees where they’ll be given skill-based challenges led by our facilitator on the ground level. Everyone is involved with this option — even non-climbers!
Ultimately, our goal is to provide our guests with a life-changing experience that helps you meet your pre-established organizational goals. We’d love to be a part of that solution for you!
Learn more about the team-building experiences we offer at our Raleigh outdoor adventure park. Be sure to give us a call if you have any questions!